Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Return of an Old Friend!

I just came across some great news that sets the tone for my weekend!
Bob Zimorino is re-opening Red Pies over Montana in it’s West Broadway location.
Cheers Bob!  
Here is a quick little side note to explain why I love Red Pies ..
Seventeen years ago, I came back to Missoula with my two year old in tow and began the desperate search for a job and a new start.  In an interview, I somehow convinced Bob that I had lived in the Italian District in San Francisco which fully qualified me to manage his banquet rooms.  Surprise! ... Bob hired me!  Apparently, it wasn’t the proximity to Italian food that caught his attention so much as it was my determination to succeed and my need for a chance.  Off we went!  I was accepted into the beloved Red Pies family, I breathed a sigh of relief and I knew then and there that I would make it! 
A lot of water has floated under the bridge since then, but Red Pies will always hold a special place in my heart.  In this age of corporate rule, it’s refreshing to see the return of a business that is friendly, kind, and real - operated by a businessman who can look into the eyes of someone who needs a break, and give them just that!
Long live Red Pies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment