Friday, March 5, 2010

Ides of March

March ...

"Beware the Ides of March" ...


I’ve heard this saying forever, but never really figured out what the heck

the Ides of March were and I have no idea why we should beware of them, so I

Wikipedia’d the whole concept. It turns out we aren’t missing much. It’s

just a fancy name for March 15th --- the day Julius Ceasar was assassinated

a very long time ago. Apparently, in a Shakespeare play, Julius was

forewarned - “beware the Ides of March” and the term just stuck.


No decorations, no parades, no rituals or time off from work ... I guess we

could celebrate by eating Chicken Ceasars for lunch, but that’s about all I

can come up with for now.


Since I don’t have to worry about March Ides anymore, I’ve decided to move

some stuff around in my shop to make room for my perfect St. Patty’s display

idea. Out of the green space rolled the little maple vanity (squeek! squeek!

squeek!), and in it’s place ... this copper platter with our auction

Shamrock (remember from last week?). I think it is the perfect combination

to celebrate St. Patty’s day, green beer, pasties and Butte! Now THERE’s a

holiday!


Only 12 days left to swing by and place your bid on this lovely Shamrock.

All proceeds go to Animeals.


No comments:

Post a Comment