Friday, March 12, 2010

Dressing Lamps!


“Does this shade make me look fat?” ... asks my pretty little milk glass lamp.

Shhhhh! Just put it on, sit there and look nice, says I.


Why is it that so many lamps show up at my doorstep with battered, broken, soiled and torn shades ... and sometimes, with no shades at all? I’ve decided that if nothing else, my purpose in life is to rescue lamps.


Spring seems to be a particularly busy season in the lamp rescue division so I’ve kind of had to pull out my creative stops and come up with all kinds of shade solutions. Through the course of it all, I think I’ve hit on some pretty clever combos. Here, I blend milk glass with a colorful red poka-dot for a whimsical spring look. In my second example, I’ve combined a heavy black shade with a delicate cut crystal base which screams “juxtaposition”.


As with all rescue agencies, I am wide open to lamp shade consignment which allows me to better dress my little charges. I’m always trying to place these misfits into their forever homes, so swing by and find one you might want to call your forever lamp!


No comments:

Post a Comment