Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday - week in review!



This week all I have accomplished is to move furniture around in my shop and work on trying to fix a lamp. Through all of my shifting and sifting, it occurred to me that some pretty interesting things have come through the door and perhaps I should utilize my Friday Note for what it is intended ... to tell people about my fun furniture.


A guy brought in these simple barn wood frames --- and that is all they are, simple barn wood frames. But I’ve been popping them here and there, setting them in front of things and have noted how much more polished everything looks when it is framed. I had our Duncan demonstrate for us and you will see in this week’s feature photo what a difference a frame makes.

Just yesterday a consigner brought in a one of a kind charming little deacon bench. I tossed a hand woven rug over the back and it looks a lot warmer - kind of less uptight and deacon like.


I have a yellow and blue corner featuring a pretty slipper chair and a matching dresser and end table. None of these pieces came in together - but they have become fast friends and would love to move out and find an apartment of their own.


My big brown green fringed fancy vintage Gimbels Department Store sectional sofa continues to be a centerpiece and anchor my shop. I’m thinking that it is just one of those really good supporting actors, always there to make the other guy look good, acting as the springboard who shoots the other vintage pieces out the door.


Finally ... a transient group .... the lamps. These guys are kind of a motley bunch ... they arrive here sometimes needing a little work on their wiring and such. I prop them up, give them a shade and a shine and perhaps a top knot, then off they go, out to light up the world again. You have to be kind of fast to keep up with the coming and going of the lamps.


So there you have it ... a discussion about my furniture. Now, as for the quality, manufacturer and price, you’ll just have to come in and discover that for yourself. I’m only here to talk about their genealogy and feelings!


No comments:

Post a Comment