Friday, October 9, 2009

Barstools wearing shoes?? Very funny


Since early September, my Mom has been bugging me to take a picture of all my barstools lined up wearing shoes. I don’t know why ... I guess she just thinks it would be funny. Here they are ... barstools wearing shoes, just in time for Halloween. I must admit, they do look kind of ridiculous -- and funny!


Now ... it's my job to somehow tie this in with a helpful, educational tidbit, and a reason to come to my shop, so here we go .... as long as the chairs are showing a little leg, lets go ahead and talk about seating heights. No matter what kind of eating seating you are talking about, you will be faced with the decision of what height to buy. Your standard regular chairs (far right, red heels) tend to be around 18”. Next in line is the counter height (red chair with cowboy boots and wooden chair wearing the Vanns Old Schools) appropriate for most kitchen islands and workspaces - these guys measure somewhere around 24”. Finally, your bar height (far left - black and wood chair, white Keds) will measure approximately 30”, these stools would typically be found at bars, around bistro tables and sometimes pushed up to an architects drawing table. It's a common mistake to think that barstools and seating heights is a standard one size fits all proposition but as you can see now, it must be as carefully considered as ... well ... your shoes!


As far as a reason to come to my shop .... these barstools turned out to be a better Halloween decoration than I ever would have imagined. Toss a coat and hat on your chair and you’ve taken it to a whole new level. I have a ton of fun and inexpensive chairs that would love to play dress-up in YOUR home!


Let the Holiday’s begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment