Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January Projects!

Here we are, mid January and this morning I finally had my epiphany regarding what we do in January.
This is the month for organizing and planning ahead!   Not a real favorite for the procrastinators among us - but none the less, planning, organizing and spiffy-ing up for the upcoming year is really what January is all about.
My calendar is all up to date with birthdays properly noted, my closets are cleaned out with all the outfits I’ve “outgrown” being distributed to their proper charities - which leaves me free to move on to the more advanced stages of organizing and planning - painting things and rearranging the furniture.
In regards to painting things ... I’ve asked my assistant, Duncan, to demonstrate for us how the simple act of changing the color of a piece of furniture can change it’s whole personality.
Here is an end table in green.
Here is the same end table in black.  It's kind of astonishing what a difference it makes, isn't it?  Much richer I think.
















If painting isn't your thing, try switching up the furniture a bit.  I don't know why, but I always look forward to re-arrange the furniture day.  I guess it's probably because as a kid we would go through this drill about every other month and it was always fun to watch the family bump into stuff and stub our toes as we learned to re-negotiate our route through the living room.  Regardless, re-arranging is a great way to change things up  and give you a new perspective on life - or at least on your living room.
Finally, if none of these fun January activities appeal to you - I have one more suggestion.  Commit to having a green year and start with a smart, roomy new shopping tote from Echo!   Duncan just loves his and has decided to use it for all the stuff he used to haul around in plastic garbage bags.  Well --- almost all the stuff ..  he still takes his plastic garbage bags with us on our walks because the Echo bags are far too nice for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment