Friday, August 27, 2010

Budget Decorating!

I’m back on track .... the budget decorating track, that is.  Seems like a perfect topic for today!
As you might recall -- a few Friday Note’s back, I intended to dedicate the whole month to this topic ... but then ... company came, I decided to have a sale, and as usual other business got in the way.  Now I’m back to thinking about budget decorating, so here we go!
We’ve got ourselves a housing crisis, reports on a double dip recession and a lot of gloom and doom every time we tune in to the news.
But wait ... what’s that? ... do I hear cheerful noises in the back ground??  What is this? 
Why, that’s the sound of refinishers, re-users, and do-it-your-selfers;  paint brushes splashing, creative minds spinning and people having fun as they go about their business of making something out of nothing.   Seems that buying old used nothings and turning them into kitschy new somethings is a new favorite past time!
Here is some homework for you.  Go to my new favorite web-site ...
Type “before and after” into the search box and be inspired!
After that, I would like for you to pack up all your inspiration and drive it to Echo where we’ll help you find the perfect clever nothing to transform!
Here is what Duncan decided to work on ...


He is hoping to take THIS (photo one)  .. Bang out the dents, add some paint and a hard hat and turn it into ...  THIS (photo two)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this link, I had been doing some googling on ways to redo furniture recently and have been experimenting. I love this link though because it lists so many ideas in one spot! I'll have to email you a picture of what I did to that cute little reddish nightstand I bought from you earlier in the summer, gave it a primitive paint look and we love it-fits in better with our other furniture now! Annie B.

    ReplyDelete