Friday, May 7, 2010

Is everyone remembering Mothers Day this Sunday?

As many of you know, I am the proud mother of Sam, my 19 year old son, Duncan, my dog and Herc, the family cat.  Sometimes we also have a fish, but their lifespan in our house is a little iffy to gloat about being their mom.
Here is what I think my troop has in store to help me celebrate my special day ...
First, I’ll go to the grocery store and search for some delicious, wholesome food for Sam.  I’ll buy it, squeeze it into the trunk of the Bug, bring it home, unload it and then cook something for when the little bugger is hungry.  I’ll take Duncan for a ramp where he will find either some poop or something dead  to roll in.  I’ll chase him down, scrub him up and make him smell good again (well - not really good, but like himself).  I’ll go in the house and step in a fur ball that Herc has just barfed up on my white carpet.  I’ll mow the lawn and I’ll wash the car and I’ll push through the five loads of laundry that have accumulated in the past day and a half.  
I’ll call up my mom and we’ll bop around to the greenhouses as is our Mothers Day tradition and when I return home, I’ll be greeted with a card.  A card that was thoughtfully and quickly plucked from the grocery store rack when my gang realized that Mothers Day has snuck up and surprised them again.  At last ... all is well.  I’ll tuck my new card into my sentimental box where special mom moments are preserved.  I’ll bask in a month of “missed Mothers Day make-up”  and this is the real benefit of Mothers Day!
Let this be your warning.  Don’t be like Sam!  This note is a reminder that there are still two days left and I have a shop FULL of charming one of a kind gifts guaranteed to warm the cockles of all your moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment