Friday, May 28, 2010

Another "only in a consignment shop" story for you ...


While this is a true incident, the names of the characters have been changed to protect their identity.  For purposes of my story, the consigners name is Mary and the buyers name is Marge.
Last fall - Mary brought in a pretty green TV cabinet for me to sell.
Before Christmas - Marge bought the pretty green TV cabinet because she was remodeling her daughters room for a Christmas present.  This piece (along with a couple other items from my shop) created the perfect little bedroom ensemble.
On Mothers Day - Mom and I were out making the rounds in the local garden shops and we ran into Mary.  Proper greetings out of the way, I inquired about Mary’s new house only to find out that she had moved ... again.  Once she moved out of town and realized how she and her horses loved the spacious country life, she decided this is where they were meant to be so she decided to buy a home.
She giggled and shared her little house buying serendipity because she knew I would enjoy it and it would make me giggle too!
“Remember the green TV cabinet I brought you last fall? ...
“Yes” I replied
“ Well, guess what was standing there in one of the bedrooms of the house I just purchased?”
I had to laugh.  Sometimes it seems that this furniture takes on a life of it’s own and you never quite know just where it’s going to pop up, what it’s going to be doing, or who it is going to be following around.  In this case, it is probably the pretty green TV cabinet that got the last laugh --- "Hey there -... look at me ... I get to live with a teenager now!"
Here is another fun "girls room" ensemble that has it's own story ... but you have to come in and ask to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment