Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm Back!!


As some of you may recall ... in my last Friday note I was running around with my hair on fire, all worried about my upcoming airplane ride. Well, I am pleased to report that it all went just great! I take my hat off to Delta and their nice airplanes, their delicious complimentary peanuts, and their very capable flight staff. They really have improved flying since the days of the Wright Brothers!

There’s another guy I want to thank for his service in my absence and that is my dad! As many of you discovered, while I was flitting about in my airplane, my folks and Duncan were in charge of the shop. Well ... just before I left, The Missoulian ran a fabulous story about Echo ... (thank you Lori Grannis), and the flood gates opened! Now usually, it’s Big D (Duncan), who gets all the publicity and kudos for his hard work, but this week, it was dad who had the cool head, a steady hand and kept the place afloat. Through all the excitement, through all of the customers, through all of the furniture moving in, out and about --- he sat in the shop and carved. For that ... I’m naming him my employee of the month and awarding him his own parking space! Good work, dad!

Now that we’ve got that business out of the road, I need to remind everyone that Valentines day is Sunday. Really ... what could be more romantic than furniture and a heartware heart!

Happy Heart Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment