Friday, July 24, 2009


Hellooooo --- It’s Friday!


I’ve spent the past sixteen years of my career in the food service industry, and I know for a fact that every December the collective “they” get together and proclaim ... cherries are the new pomegranates ... the year before, pomegranates were the new cranberry and so on and so forth.  Last December, my brother got in on the action and decided that squirrels were the new flamingo which I thought took the concept a step too far, but low and behold ... this year I’ve seen squirrels popping up everywhere.


Now I realize that I am a relative newcomer, getting back in the furniture business after a sixteen year detour ... but in the short four months that I have had my shop, I’ve noted a trend.  I am going out on a limb and deciding that mid century is the new antique! 


Every time a new 50’s or 60’s piece arrives at my doorstep, Mom (a mid century piece herself) makes a special trip down to the shop to peek over her blue specs and 

h-rumph “when pigs fly”.  Every time she does that, the piece flies right out the door leaving me with cash in my pocket!


Personally ... I love the stuff and you can see why!


Swing by and see my growing collection of  “new” antiques.  Bring your umbrella so you don’t get splatted by flying pigs!


Also ... for daily updates, follow me on Facebook.  Here's the link!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missoula-MT/echo-echo-home-furnishings-worth-repeating/76253308878?ref=nf

No comments:

Post a Comment