Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sustainable!

SOLD!  Green, Green, the color of Spring ... and frogs and diapers and houses and lightbulbs and menus and cars and clothes and corporate logos and pretty much everything these days!

I grew up “the Ranger's daughter”. For those of you familiar with the play, “Little Mary Sunshine”, that was me. Anyway, my point being, I was green before green was in. In the United States Forest Service, it was good to drive green trucks. You lived in log houses with green shutters and it was good to plant gardens and care about trees and not litter and protect clean water and appreciate blue sky and, of course, to never ever play with matches.

Today, green is all grown up and it is very trendy. Well, I’m all grown up too, and I’m going to jump on that new green bandwagon while there is still a bit of room left. From this point forward, I reclaim my investment in green. I am an active advocate of durable, sustainable, distinctive green furniture. I support breathing life into the old and making it new again. I promote the purchase of sturdy, tried and true second hand furniture over new stuff imported from --- you know. I will campaign for an onslaught of “green designers”, decorators who believe in the cause and shop in my store! And finally, I will seek out quality used furniture and save it from the landfill and encourage others to help save our landfill from trucks full of disposable furniture.

Follow along as we find our way along the path of “green design”. We will add a fresh twist to some old styles and you will see how viable, smart, clever and comfy second hand furniture can be.

1 comment:

  1. dear jenifur,


    this is sophie I looked you post realy good furniture. I love your web.


    -sophie

    ReplyDelete