Monday, March 31, 2014

Life in a consignment furniture shop - Tip #2


Never Give Up!

Five Years!  Pinch me!   Today it’s been five years since I started Echo Home Furnishings.   Time and time again, I’ve asked myself ... “Is this something?”.   Time and time again I’ve heard the old adage “It takes five years to establish a business” and time and time again I wonder if I really found my special place.

Well today I can clearly answer yes, yes and yes. 

Here’s a quick recap:

year number one ....















{what we lacked in furniture, we made up for in hope and patience}





year number two ...





















{a windfall!   we acquired a house full of fantastic furniture ... and our hopes soared}




year number three ...





















{we moved next door ... only six inches from our old place but we hoped it would be easier for people to find us}




year number four ...




















{we sold our house to buy our shop ... hoping that  downsizing was all it's cracked up to be.} 






year number five ...






















{the ladybugs arrived  ... we hoped we could find good homes for all of them}




year number six ...





















{looking toward the future and we are filled with even more hope!}





























Never give up on your dreams ... even if you're a bird dog working in a furniture shop.  Things have a way of working out .... sometimes even better than expected!

To all our terrific consigners and customers ... THANK YOU!!










1 comment: