Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mid Centure Birthday

This week it happens ... like it or not, here it comes ... can’t stop it now, it’s here, it’s a done deal and it’s coming at me like a run-away train.
What?  What?  What?
Well ... I’ll tell you once and then we’ll let it go.
This week --- I turn “Mid-Century” ...  like a lot of my furniture.
There.  Confession made.  Nothing more needs to be said.
Except ... just one thing. 
To help me swallow my mid century pill, I found a new friend.  This Heywood - Wakefield Mid- Century Modern Rotating Coffee Table jumped in my car while I was in Helena so I took her home.   At first glance she appears a little rough around the edges.  Scratches here and there resulting from a party or two, a crayon mark on her bottom from when she babysat some naughty kids, her rotator has been over-worked and is a bit slow and her finish is dull.
She reminds me of someone ...  
For a split second, I considered giving her a facelift and selling her in my shop, but once I got her home, I decided that I liked her just the way she is.  Her classic lines are still beautiful and somehow, at this age her flaws suggest character rather than something that needs to be hidden and fixed. 
So .. lets tip a glass to mid-century and scratches and flaws and less than perfect hips and me and my new coffee table .... just the way we are!
Journey forward Jennifer Pinto and Heywood Wakefield Mid-Century Modern Rotating Coffee Table.  The next 50 years awaits you!


No comments:

Post a Comment