Friday, April 30, 2010

Fixer Upper Chairs!


Tomorrow is May Day ... in all it’s glory ... and here we sit, in rain and snow.
I know, I know, and I even agree.  We really do need it (snow pack problems and all), but on the other hand, I REALLY do need some color in my life right now.  To combat the gray skies, I came up with the perfect “color project”.  I searched through the store and found these great chairs that could use a face-lift ... then I searched through the some fabric websites and found this great fabric to complete the face-lift job.  Off I go!  
Chairs stripped, old cushions removed and in walks Mom ... always the voice of reason when I’m preparing to do something fun and daring, like ... say ... add a splash of color to a chair.   
I described my project and displayed the component parts, (bright orange fabric with glow in the dark polka dots) and apparently what Mom saw was an opportunity to utilize her favorite saying  ... “Hummmm ... looks like a friday fart at a saturday carnival, don’t you think”. 
There you have it ... project complete - before it ever really launched.  But ... what I have now are six terrific stripped down chairs priced at $20.00 each just waiting for someone to take them home, add some upholstery (of their choice, not Mom’s) and bring them back to life.  
Also, I think maybe I’ve resolved a conflict  Mom and I have always had ... one man’s idea of fresh and fun is another man’s idea of a Fridays’ carnival leftovers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment