Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bananas


I am sitting in my shop with the heat cranked up to 78 degrees to combat the 0 degrees outside and I am looking at a new yellow chair. I have to giggle because this reminds me of three things ... my birch tree, my son Sam and bananas.


Here’s the scoop ...


Since Spring, Sam and I have been twisted up in a little housekeeping battle involving our back yard. For some odd reason, Sam started tossing his banana peels into my birch tree. He thinks it is funny. I on the other hand don’t see the humor in a back yard with banana peels dangling from trees, bushes and spread out all over the ground. Every time I see him toss his peels in the air ... I yell at him and threaten an ant infestation.


Last week when Mom was at my house helping prepare for my Holiday at Home Tour, she and Sam stopped for a little banana break. In his usual style, after Sam had finished his banana, he stepped out the door and tossed it in the air, hanging it up in the branches of my tree. Mom wasn’t quite clear on the reasoning behind the ritual, but figured when in Rome, do as the Romans - so shrugging her shoulders, stepped into the cold and gave her peel a toss. Later she asked me about our unusual ritual which inspired me to take a look at Sam’s masterpiece and I guess that after a year, I have to agree. A pretty Montana birch tree decorated with hundreds of shriveled up banana peels is kind of funny.


Way to go Sam! Here’s to a little holiday giggle and a Montana banana tree. Swing by my shop and see if you can’t find something to put a smile into your holidays!


Here is the chair that inspired my banana giggle!


No comments:

Post a Comment